Saturday, December 27, 2008

All About Presents

Ever since E and I started dating, I always feel totally spoilt at Christmas. 

I still remember my first Christmas in London with his family in 2001, the year before we got married. I received 13 presents from him and his family! Out of which, five were from him. I would have been over the moon already if I were to bag three in a year, so you can imagine how far away into the universe I was by the time all the presents under the tree were unwrapped. And I was the recipient of the bulk of it. I thought it was only because that was my first celebration with them.

The following year, I scored 11. Again, I felt all squishy, warm and loving inside. And a little spoilt silly. 

It becomes a Christmas tradition in our household now to cover every inch under the tree with presents. The more the merrier. E loves to buy more than one present for everyone. So I get kinda infected by that generosity. This year, I get some incredibly thoughtful and awesome packages! As usual, he is really good at surprising with the most wonderful gifts. 


My current favourite. Just in time as my second bottle is down to the last few drops.

Ohh.. I love Dido. I have all her albums. She is the voice I listen to when I run on the treadmill. 


This is a big surprise! He enrolled me in some fancy cooking classes to learn some really neat stuff from professionals. If I like these classes enough, I can then progress to advance lessons on French cuisine. 

I can't wait! He knows my passion for cooking and secret desire to attend classes to better my skills. But the procrastinator in me never signs up for anything. So this present is the perfect catalyst that I need. The only problem is my waistline will be a real challenge to manage in a few months! 


And the other surprise from him is this compilation of my 2007 blog entries. I mentioned before of my fear that my blog may disappear one day in cyberspace (and of course we know it happened to many people before). So ta-da! He is just waiting for Dec 2008 to end before binding up the pages of the 2008 compilation. So thoughtful!

Read here for what I received for Christmas 2007.

My boys also received heaps of fabulous gifts from us, friends and family. Amongst them are gigantic Caterpillar remote controlled digger and dump truck, playdoh set, quality books, origami set, educational toys, clothes, piggy banks with money and a big ang pow. Totally spoilt! 


This was taken a week ago. Christmas came early for Marcus when we bumped into Santa. My 4yo was given a box of sweets which he saved specially for his papa. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many gifts! I especially love the blog compilation, how very meaningful, something to keep forever.

Val

DG said...

Merry Xmas Val! Yes that is a really thoughtful one. Something that I can add to my family treasures. Hee hee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...