Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nicholas negotiates!

It makes me laugh whenever I think of the time Marcus first started to negotiate with me, probably over 18 months ago. I wrote a post here about how he negotiated for chips. 

Recently, the younger one started negotiating too. 

He says...

"5 minutes!" to my "Come on, time to get out of the bath", 
"3 crackers" when I say "you can have 1 cracker"
"4 blue balls" when I give him 2 balls to play with his Marble Race structure.

Yesterday, for instance, we had this little bartering while we were out.
Me: You can take one of these mouse crackers. (showing him a bag of the snacks)
N: No, five!
Me: No. You can have one. 
N: Four mouse! Four mouse! 
Me: Ok, two. Here, take two crackers and that is it. 

He took 2 out of the bag, stuffed one into his mouth and sneaked his hand into the bag to pick out another. 

Me: Eh! Mama said 2 crackers! Only 2. 
N: No! Baby take three crackers. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...