Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Questions from the 5-year-old

I was printing a lot of materials in front of Dolly as she snacked. She wanted to know how printer knew what to print, so I explained how printer works. After some pondering, she asked, "Can printers also print food that we can eat?"

That is 3D printing and we have not ever mentioned this to her yet! So I was real thrilled, took that opportunity to explain the differences between 2D and 3D printing and the breakthrough in medical world.
~~~

In the car, waiting at the traffic lights, she asked how the colours of the traffic lights were chosen and who decided the colours. 

~~~

Another day, while passing more traffic lights, she asked, "Why is it always Green Man and Red Man? Why can't it be Green Woman and Red Woman?"  Haha...  



I was super thrilled with questions like these. It shows she has reflected on what I had explained and also considered her prior knowledge. It also suggests she was tapping on her creativity and imagination.

We may all see the same objects in our surroundings, but not everyone questions or considers what they see. I love it that my 5-year-old bombards me with questions on a daily basis and increasingly, she is questioning the norms and constantly seeking to understand the world we live in.

I cannot wait to get her ready to join my Bright World Thinkers class, meant for 7 to 10 years old.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...