Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oink Oink No More

My heart is a little heavy with emotions today.

It has been such a busy week that I didn't spare a moment to think about his graduation ceremony till I arrived at the school hall today.

Watching my little peanut (he used to call himself this) all grown up on stage (and yet still one of the shortest in his cohort) makes me all emotional.

I still remember the day he started at this kindy, on 12 Aug 2009. A few days after we returned from London. I wouldn't have enrolled him this early if not for the idea of letting the boys accompany each other at this new school (I switched M from another kindy for this). Poor little Chip cried his heart out for weeks, especially in the first two weeks.

He graduates today. My little oink oink. We haven't heard him say this for a long, long time now. When did he stop? Must be around the time when Olivia was born.

3 years in this kindy. His first school. Chip will forever have warm memories of this place. To think that both boys eventually graduated from this same school, one which I initially deemed to be not-good-enough, is truly ironic. Still, I am not sure if I will want to enrol Olivia here in the near future. I shan't worry yet.

For now, I must focus on cherishing my little chip.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...