Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baby #3: Week 37

I started feeling a lot of braxton hicks this week. Some were really painful.  

Just the other night, I had a vivid dream that my water broke and I was in labour in the middle of the night. My first horrifying thought - I am not ready for her to arrive yet! 

I haven't packed my bag. 

I haven't completed shopping for basic necessities for baby's first weeks. 

Most of baby's clothes are still stored away or unwrapped, let alone washed. 

We have just arranged for the cot to be delivered a few days ago! It still needs to be assembled and furniture in the house needs to be re-arranged to fit everything in.

And the list goes on....  Eeks!  

We are definitely a little *too* relaxed this time round. 

That said, I haven't been idling actually. Besides being busy with wrapping up the outstanding work from the Coaching Bright Minds workshops, I try to be consistent in coaching the kids on the academic front and doing as much as possible before I pop, to give myself more leeway to do minimal coaching or even nothing for the weeks to come. Since I expect to be "out-of-action" for a while during the Term 4 this year, I am relieved that their foundation is strong.

It certainly feels like there is a constant race against time. 

Baby O is approx. 2.9kg. She put on over 300g in the last week, which seems an awful lot! Looks like I have worried for nothing in the few days after she was estimated to be only 1.9kg. Hah! My total weight gain so far is 11 kg. In fact, I've gained more in the last 2 weeks because of my intentional change in diet. 

For the previous two pregnancies, I drank Milo and AnMum almost daily in the last few months. But I didn't take both beverages during this pregnancy. When I realized baby weighed 1.9kg at Week 34, I decided to do a little experiment and resumed consuming one or two cups of Milo daily. Though I can't be sure if the big weight gain has much to do with the sugar and carbs from these beverages, it is too coincidental. I'm going to return to just relying on my power multi-vitamins and supplements. 

Baby O is moving A LOT! I don't remember the two boys being this active in the womb before, especially not at these final weeks. I would usually drop everything that I was doing and watched with amazement and a smile at the way my tummy was being stretched into outrageous shapes. :> 

Less than a fortnight to go! WOW! 

The count down begins..... 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...