Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby #3: One More Time

Yesterday, I spent a long time going through our stash of digital photos. The last time I did that was probably a year ago. 

It is a love-hate process, I tell you. Utterly laborious but yet so enjoyable. I know, I am a confused person at times. 

There are so many gems which reminded me of the beautiful moments that I've forgotten. It is yet another reminder that I should whip out my camera a lot more frequent. 

Then I came across a series of baby photos.... ohh... 

When I laid eyes on this awesome photo of my cute first-born, I chuckled so loud that my boys dropped everything they were doing and dashed to be my side. 

We oohhed and ahhhed together for a while as we marveled at the evidence of their various stages of babyishness. Needless to say, the boys were so tickled to see their own transformations. 



My adorable poshie when he was a wee 4 months old. Taken in Jan '05.

I LOVE his expression in this photo. It was as if he was thinking 'I know I am loved and I love you too, mummy'.

I can still remember that gorgeous day and what we did with baby M while Karen K took over 100 photos of our little family.

I can still remember how he felt against my skin when I cuddled and kissed him after. 

I can still remember this cute white tee which I bought from Mothercare. He had a newborn size in blue that said 'I (heart) dad' from my sis-in-law. But he outgrew it in 3 weeks. When I saw this shirt in white, I just had to buy it. It's only fair....  :P 

And as I am typing this, I am smiling .....  

In another few months, I will be holding another of my very own newborn. *big grin*

Ohh... the intoxicating sweet smell of a newborn!  I can't wait to hold the little fingers and feel the teeny tiny toes.  And the soft silky skin which I will be planting millions of kisses on.... 


 

23 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 3 kids ... you are one super mum indeed :)

Precious Memories said...

Congratulations, Shirley!!

Anonymous said...

I knew it! Hahahaaa... SO I did guess right when you mentioned big project is coming up in your previous post! Then your post about your cravings. Congratulations... Hope this would be a baby gal for you. I know even if it is a boy, it is still perfectly fine. Well then just hope your bonus wish is granted..

Anonymous said...

I guessed it right! I knew it!!!

Congratulations!!!

- Sharon

Sunflower said...

Congratz!

I hope a girl for you!

k said...

WOW! Congrats! :)

Dominique @Dominique's Desk said...

Congrads Shirley,
Haha.. my hunch was right.. it really is #3..hope it's a girl..

Winnie said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the "club"... My third one be coming in 2 month time =)

Homeschool @ sg said...

congrats! another chance to cuddle another newborn! :)

Li-ling said...

Congratulations! How very exciting!
Thanks for visiting over at my blog. Your comment sure was really helpful.
I too have this love-hate relationship with digital photos, I love the fact that we can take photos so quickly and easily and the instant 'review' is fantastic. The bit that really gets to me is the going through editing and finally printing the photos.
I do love looking at photos in an album, and Georgia, like most kids love seeing herself, we just haven't gotten round to printing them out for the last, 3 years :O

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What absolutely wonderful news! Am so delighted for you and your family :)

Val

DG said...

Thanks everyone! :)

With so many of you praying and wishing for me that #3 is a girl, I hope we are not letting you down. :>

Winnie, congrats to you too! I would not have known.

DG said...

Hi Li-ling, thanks for coming by. We stopped printing copies these days because the selection process from our tons of digital photos is simply too tedious. And it will be ridiculous to print all of them since storage would be a real issue. So looking at hard copies is now a luxury for us. :>

xiaoci_mama said...

Congrats! Love those bb smell. :)

Ing said...

Wow, this is wonderful news! Congratulations!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your encouraging comments.

Here's wishing you a smooth pregnancy. Take care...

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Congrats! Hope that this will be a cute baby girl! :)

Irene

Anonymous said...

Hey Shirley, congratulations on your wishes granted! Guess ur absence from blogging was due to tiredness from pregnancy? Am sure ur mojo will be back soon! :)

DG said...

Thanks so much ladies.

Ing, you are most welcome! We are all fellow mummies, so I can empathize. I am only paying it forward. :>

Vegepiglet, perhaps you are right that it has something to do with it.

tona-mama said...

Wow! Absolutely wonderful news! Congratulations Shirley!

I'm so happy for you! U r a great great mum. I think u should hv more kids!

May u hv a little angel. Take care n rest well!

DG said...

Thanks so much Tona! You are too sweet. :>

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shirley!! All the best to you and your family and take great care!

Bihye

Why Not said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news! Have a smooth 9 months and take care, Shirley!

DG said...

Thanks Bihye and Jayne. Only a few months left actually and I am excited! :>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...