Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gluttony and Partner in Crime

It makes me laugh when I think of how the hubby will light up at the mention of food.  

Here is a sample of what I drooled over today.




More over here and here which have absolutely alluring pictures of the best sushi and sashimi in Singapore - Standing Sushi Bar, my all-time favourite Japanese restaurant. 

I always count my blessings that I married a man who loves food as much as I do. 

There is no mockery or eyes rolling when I confess my cravings or obsession for most food, no matter how frequent that may be. The only responses I get are smiles of approvals and invitations to indulge together. 

Umm.. with the exception of salads and desserts, which the hubby doesn't consider as real food. The former is fit for goats and cows and most sweets are for girls and wimps, or so he thinks. Haha! :> 

You see, when my life partner has a profound and everlasting love for gourmet food, it does make my pursuit of gluttony way too easy and guilt-free. 

Thankfully, my body does a good job at reminding me of the virtues of exercising some restraint when it comes to helpings. Though I must say that sometimes shunning mirrors can be an effective self-deluding tactic too. 

I can't stop thinking of food these few days. No, I am not starving or deprived in any way. I have my meals and healthy snacks and more unhealthy snacks. 

I guess I am just feeling a wee bit greedy. 






4 comments:

Alice Law said...

It's great to have your love one gives in to your craving, mine will have to count the $$$ 1st!>_<

DG said...

Haha! Many of my girlfriends' hubbies will also count the $$$ first or bring out the measuring tapes! :P

Handydog said...

I'm drooling over the pics. When can we go? Tape yes, it's my only obstacle beside the weighing scale for the aftermath.

DG said...

Your call, K. But give some notice so I can hide my scale first. :P Love it that you called it an aftermath. Hee hee... But oh the fish, the fish, the fish,... so GOOD! It's worth it lah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...