Monday, February 28, 2011

Losing Momentum

It is pretty obvious from the dwindling number of posts in the recent months that I'm slowly, but surely, losing my momentum to blog. 

There are still many thoughts that go through my mind and many things that I like to keep a record of, for us to look through in future. I still enjoy going back to my 2007 and 2008 posts from time to time to 'relive' those moments. If I hadn't started writing back then, I wouldn't be able to remember all those wonderful details. 

But now, the will to keep the blog going is also diminishing. Fast. 

Where did the mojo go? 





4 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

I can relate to how you might be feeling now. I do have ups and downs when updating our blog too. Many thoughts crossed my mind at times but due to laziness or busy schedules, I've missed the window of opportunity to update them and thus lost forever somewhere. ^^|

Still, I'm glad to have written down most of our happenings with our child and it's always a joy reading back our posts and remembering the wonderful times which otherwise might be forgotten for good.

I'm sure your 'mojo' will return when the time is right. For me, reading forum posts/articles on parenting and other parenting blogs helped keeping my motivation high. Maybe it will work for you too? ^^

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Think of your loyal readers - us! :) And the ability to share experiences across a similar yet broad spectrum of parents is a powerful inspiration for us to keep the blogs growing. And of course, our children reading it in future. For me, I compile my blog year by year into a Word document, hopefully to print out in future into a booklet for my girls to read about their lives.

DG said...

Thanks WaveSurfer for sharing and suggestion. I know what you mean about losing the window of opportunity. Sometimes timing of posts is everything, though some would say it is better late than never. I know that once I slow down, it gets harder to pick up the pace again.

DG said...

Hi Linette, thanks for the encouragement. My hubby has also compiled my previous blog entries and printed them annually into a book. They would make a cool addition to the legacy that I like to leave behind for the kids. For this alone, I know I should continue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...