Saturday, November 27, 2010

Words of Wisdom

Sometimes I wish I could remember all the spontaneous, funny, witty and crazy things that my kids have said. 

But the reality is, I often can't recall much after a while. 

Even recording them on the blog doesn't really capture the essence of it all. If only we could bottle up such memories.

Here are a few of those recent moments of my 4 years old that made me smile. For some instances, I actually had to try hard hiding my smile from him.


I LOVE this photo of him. So cheeky! Taken in Sept 2010 at Zhou's Kitchen.


(1) When the boys were playing Lego side by side, Nicholas offered a wonderful encouragement.

"Marcus, I am so proud of you. You have made an amazing robot!"


(2) Referring to the afternoon spent at the East Coast Park, Nicholas asked Marcus... 

"Do you know why I buried that coconut in the sand yesterday? Because I wanted the people at the beach to be very impressed with me when the coconut grows into a coconut tree". 

I was impressed with his choice of words. 


(3) At a bookstore one day, Nicholas saw a stuffed pig. Absolutely adored it and begged me to buy for him. I declined at first, then he tried different tactics, including this line... 

"If you love me very much, you will want to buy this for me". 



(4) After he was scolded for some bad behaviour, he reacted calmly... 

"I am not going to talk to you anymore because you are not very nice to me. When you are nicer next time, I will change my mind". 



(5) While watching E played a video game that involved killing some demons and monsters (I know... tsk tsk tsk....), the boy suggested ... 

"Kick his face, daddy!"  "Punch him!"

Err... I didn't know whether to laugh or not. Where did he learn that from?  



2 comments:

Alice Law said...

LOL, I love especially the 3rd and the 4th talks, it's simply ingenious! Judging from what he said, he must have enjoyed reading very much!^-^

Happy weekend to you!

DG said...

Haha. He can be really comical but I don't think he picked up these lines from books. More likely from one of us. Oops.. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...