Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Long, Long Song



Six months later, Chip is still crazy about rhyming sentences!

He makes up all sorts of funny words that rhyme and laughs hard at his own silliness.

Pink is the ink.
He thinks and winks.

Song, song, the long, long song.
Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong!

.....and is silly, willy, billy, milly!

A hat is a cat that sat on a mat! 


Most of these rhyming sentences really make no sense, but nevertheless, I am still impressed.

He gets real tickled when I join him to make up my own silly lines that rhyme. 
 
Sometimes, the cues are just something that Marcus or I have said. Or something that we have read in a book together moments ago.

Out of a sudden, the rhyming would start and go on for 10 minutes or more. He is just too adorable to watch. 

Picture this - this small person pottering around the house with his own plans and rhyming to himself and his soft toys, and all the while, giggling away. :)



Photos: exhausting himself running round and round the water feature at the Rendevous hotel last month.

I love these few photos of him. 

As I look through our photo log recently, I realize how few photos I have taken in the last few months. None at all of them attending birthday parties, having fun at playdates or just hanging out doing silly things. Hmm... we gotta try harder at that. 

Maybe a photo a day, at least, from today onwards. 


3 comments:

Eileen W said...

LOL! My sons used to do that when they were younger too :) We'll also make up silly poems together and laughed till we drop. Enjoy it ;>

tona-mama said...

That's so cute! Kimi does that too but not for 30mins!... but recently, he picks a name and make up rhymes with it.

I've told him not to make fun of people's name and instead start him off with another word.. don't want to kill his interest either :)

DG said...

Eileen, oh definitely. I remind myself daily that they will not be like this forever.

Tona, haha! It is not easy to make up rhyming words with names. Kimi is creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...