Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Little Snitch

I am a pretty strict parent and my boys know very well what they should and should not do, most of the time. Especially if mummy is around.

Like all kids, my boys learn to test the boundaries with each parent till the limits are reached. Since I am the main caregiver, I get to see more of their attempts to misbehave and they also hear more from mummy what they can and cannot do. Sometimes a little telling off will do. At other times, a tougher disciplining stance is required.

In the last 2 months, for some unknown reason, N would run to us with his little reports of the things that M did/has done which they both know they are not allowed to do.

Things like jumping on the bed or touching food without washing hands. It is actually very funny to watch the little snitch do his reporting. I don't think he gloats on M's misfortune when he gets told off. And I also don't think he is trying to get into mummy's good books as I don't praise him for snitching, nor do I compare the boys' behaviour.

So why he does that, we just can't figure out for sure. But it sure makes us laugh (in secret) to watch.

I don't like name calling or any form of branding in front of the boys. So I oppose to using this nick in the boys' presence, though E and I may refer to it in private, and only in an endearing manner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...