Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Admit (Now) I Am A Fan

I have never thought there will be a day when I will be a huge fan of some Hollywood actors. I watch movies and have my share of preferred artistes but I have never considered myself a fan of any. Simply because no one has ever fascinated me enough. I may read an occasional gossip article of who and who and chat with friends over coffee and cake for a few minutes but that is it.

So here comes the confession. In years to come, I shall read this post, be reminded and have some fun laughing at my own silliness.

Sometime late last year, E and I borrowed the Season 1 DVDs of the highly recommended TV series 24 from our friends. E watched the first 2 seasons (48 episodes in all) with me and got bored at the beginning of Season 3, which I eventually got through by myself. I am so hooked that I watched all the subsequent seasons within weeks. I just finished Season 6 after a few nights of episodes marathon.

That is a mighty lot, seriously! I am one who doesn't like following typical soap as I don't have the time nor patience to watch 100 episodes. Which is why 24 is a record-breaker for me.

Not only did I google and read the actors' bios, I caught myself a few nights ago spending precious time (instead of catching up on beauty sleep) reading the Twitter updates of Jack Bauer, the lead character. I was not following his updates but once I chanced upon it, I couldn't resist. Horrors of horrors! Now, I am embarrassed to admit more....




In some strange ways, I am drawn to this guy. He is not even that good looking. But I figured it is the fictional character he portrays that is most mesmerizing. There is something enchanting in those eyes and tender looks that gets my full attention. It all boils down to the fact that there is still that girlish side in me that loves the whole 'hero-rescues-damsel-in-distress-and-saves-the-world' story.

While I am not about to put up pictures of Kiefer Sutherland as wallpapers, I do wonder, if I ever see him in person, would I have the guts to walk up cooly to him and tell him what a fan I am. Or would I just hide behind my shades and a giant cup of coffee and secretly ogle. Most likely, the latter.

2 comments:

Eva. said...

LOL!!!!
It should be especially god news that R just bought season7 and will bring it tomorrow! So just a little more patience and you will see Jack again! :-)

DG said...

Wooo... can't wait! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...