Friday, March 6, 2009

Bento #36 - Caterpillar Bento

Inspired by one of my kids' favourite books when they were younger, I made a Very Hungry Caterpillar for my 4.5yo's bento this week.






Just before I sealed the box, my 2yo saw the contents and excitedly exclaimed 'Caterpillar! There is a caterpillar in the box, Mama! Can I touch the caterpillar please?'

Also included in the bento was homemade chicken fingers, another of his all-time favourites. Accompanied by ketchup in the blue container, stir-fried veg and fruit.

The 4yo told me when I collected him from school that it is so funny to see a caterpillar in his lunch. ^.^

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Very nice indeed. Nutritious and appealing to the eye. Good job.

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is a very neat resemblance. Nice cucumber cut to form the caterpillar body. Kudos to your creativity!

DG said...

Thanks Lilian and vegepiglet. The caterpillar is made with courgette for body and apple for the head. But you can use tomato too. Vegetarian option for your bento. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...