Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Noblesee Oblige



Recently, I received another wonderful recognition and encouragement from Rachel as she awarded this blog the Noblesee Oblige.

What is this award about? 

This award is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one or a combination of these conditions:
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2. The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3. Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older Post to support.
4. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5. The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.

This blog was first started with only the intention to record the development of my beautiful children and my journey with them as a stay-home mum. In the beginning, the early audience was mainly just my kids' grandparents in London and close friends abroad, who greatly enjoy the frequent updates. 

Over time, it has become an excellent platform for me to pen my random thoughts and other family experiences. It is now a therapuetic outlet for me as I reflect on the day's events and relive the good and not-so-good moments of the week. While it was definitely not in my original plan, I have come to realise that this blog has become a 'daily read' for some readers who enjoy reading snippets of our lives. A few have also taken the time to write to me with encouraging words of how they have found inspiration and motivation in what I do daily. 

The readership has now grown substantially, perhaps as a result of the growing content. Some are keen to know what we do in our homeschooling journey and how we handle our kids as part of our parenting experiences. Others are interested in the bentos and recipes that I share. Whatever the reasons, I am pleased that besides meeting the original intent, this blog is making a small difference in some people's lives. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrads!! You definitely deserve the award. Have added your blog to my google reader.
Thanks for placing it up.:)

lishan17 said...

I think your blog really deserves this award! ;) I've always enjoyed reading your blog and it is definitely interesting, which makes me read it everytime i have access to the internet. From your earlier post last year, i think that it is very sweet of your husband to 'publish' your blog into a book for your Christmas present. (:

DG said...

Thanks Dominique. :)

Hi Lishan, thank you! It is a very sweet and thoughtful gesture from him. Now I have 2 books for my first two years of blogging which I can pass down to my kids as legacy. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...