Monday, February 9, 2009

Is That The Dip I Like?






The boy was really enjoying dipping his fat potato chips into tomato ketchup when we were at lunch one day.

I watched him with amusement as he carefully ensured he didn't pick up more than a dab of the orangey-red dip on each chip.  

I must admit I sighed a quiet relief. 

An incident that happened years ago came to mind. I remember watching in horror of a friend's 14 month old kid slurping up big dollop of ketchup on skinny chips. 

Back then, M wasn't exposed to fast food or any deep fried food yet. I also objected to any food tainted with preservatives, additives and food colourings. So ketchup was one of the forbidden food. 

It was only very recently that he starts to try ketchup. He rejected it at first. I didn't care to insist. Then he likes it one day, but not more than a dab. 

It makes me smile just thinking of how cautiously he dips his food into the ketchup. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute - his mini-hamburger xxxxxxH

DG said...

I want to make him one of those too! If only I can find a bun this small.

Anonymous said...

How cautious and controlled M is! You should see L go at his ketchup! Once, he did not like the chicken I cooked because he said it was too spicy (I just added some paprika). But he devoured it ALL when A added ketchup. So I have found a way to ensure food is never wasted!

Val

DG said...

Haha Val.. buy organic ketchup! :P Well, the good dose of lycopene should be a good consolation. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...