Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Party at St. Regis

A few Fridays ago, we went to the St. Regis for a dinner and dance party thrown by E's company. 

It is always fun to dress up for some special occasions. I would have curled my hair and dolled up more if I had more time. After bathing the boys, fixed them dinner and briefed my mum who kindly came over to babysit, I was left with only 45min to get party-ready from my state of total 'homeliness'. 

When we got there, I was so pleased with my choice of outfit after scanning the room. I am glad I didn't wear something too simple or a standard black dress. It would have been too boring. I love this Kookai lacey dress that I bought from London years ago. Each time I wore it, it never failed to draw very nice compliments, even from strangers. 

 
We often forget to take photos of just the two of us, except in functions like this. So this is a rare keep.



Of course, our dear friend, Howard Lo was there and I couldn't resist teasing him about rubbing my shoulders with the 'star' and to have a snapshot with my most famous friend.

Though it has been years since his TV debut at the 'Eye For A Guy 2' with Denise Keller, we still have such a laugh teasing him whenever we bumped into each other. He is really a good sport and a big sweetie. 



Great company at the table. We wined and dined. We chatted and laughed. It was such an awesome night! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no way I can fit into my dresses from a few years ago, pre-L, maybe only the loose fitting ones. Actually, I don't even know where they are! Nice dress, you looked great! I shall go visit Kookai soon to see what they have nowadays :)

Val

DG said...

Thanks! I refuse to throw out all my pretty things, even if they don't fit. I still have some that are too tiny for me (I wonder now how I could ever be that tiny in that first place!). Kookai has quirky designs but once in a blue moon, they sell amazing stuff. I got this at a sale and it was such a steal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...