Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The New Greeting

My 2yo has officially changed his greetings. 

He used to be the polite little sweetie in the neighbourhood who greeted every uncle and auntie with a 'Hello'. 

Not anymore.

Lately, if we get into a lift and see someone in there, my boy looks straight in the guy's eyes with his arms outstretched. The greeting that falls out of his mouth now - 'I am Buzz Lightyear!'

And in response, we usually get a lot of "Huh?" or "Er.... what did the boy say?" and I have to do some quick explanation of who Buzz Lightyear is. 

There are also times when all we get is a lift full of faces with blank looks. These people either couldn't be bothered to respond or too embarrassed to ask, so they chose to stare at their shoes or the lift buttons. When that happens, I try hard not to laugh. 

My little tot was just too oblivious to the reactions his new greeting is summoning. He continues to try it on every Tom, Dick and Harry we bump into.

A little role play here with Buzz and Woody who is being puppeted by me. 

What is funny too - just a few months ago, it was the the older brother who was all crazy about Buzz Lightyear. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...