Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Longer Just Doodling



Lately, the 2yo has been drawing lots of circles and spirals. And they all represent something.

Take this piece for example. He told me there are clouds and a sun here or a bus there. And more clouds and more suns and maybe even a moon to accompany it all. 

I love this phase! I remember going through it with M about 2 yrs ago, admiring every piece of artwork with pride and enthusiasm. 

Chipsy just drew this Sun with a smiling face this afternoon. Every stroke was by him! :) 



This is like the exciting incubation period. We wait patiently but with much anticipation and apprehension for the explosion of some hidden talent that is bursting to surface. 

It is the warm-up stage. In a few weeks or perhaps months, the marker pen will no longer be just doodling but marking some recognizable shapes and forms. 

I just can't wait!

Read here for the 4yo's development on his drawing skills.


3 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

That's wonderful. It is terrific that you recognize that he is developing and you are enjoying each stage as it comes.

3lilangels said...

How exciting! My 2 yr old is drawing lots of tiny circles, with stories too. Thanks to your enthusiasm, I now know to encourage and spur her on.

DG said...

3lilangels, I am excited for you too! I would love to see what your gal draws. I find that kids really thrive when we give them attention and some encouragement. :)

Hi Shari Lyle-Soffe, thanks for your kind words. I am enjoying every phase that my kids are going through. It is the best rewards for a stay-home mum. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...