Monday, January 19, 2009

My Almost Perfect Weekend



The weekend was welcomed with warm snapper burritos and frozen lime margaritas at the Cafe Iguana. In the company of two girlfriends, we chilled with jugs of my favourite cocktails as we chatted about nothing and everything. It couldn't be a better night out! 

The weather was that of a typical gorgeous January evening, perfect for al fresco dining. With lots to eat and drink, beautiful people to watch and stimulating conversations, we stayed out till we couldn't stay awake much longer. Hah! By the time I crawled into bed, it was 2.30am!

On Saturday, I headed to the cooking school for my second lesson after a light breakfast. Oh boy, I had so much fun! We learnt so much about beef - the different cuts, the best way to cook them etc. In the course of 3 hours, each team of 2 - 3 pax made 3 sauces to accompany the sirloin steaks, a yummy pumpkin soup and a potato gratin. I will blog in separate post on the details. 

Just like the previous lesson, we ate the yummy food we cooked for lunch in a nice adjoining room, with free flow wines provided by the cooking school. Everyone was chatty and friendly, as we tried to keep some light conversations going in between mouthfuls of our sumptious meal. I had such a lovely time! 

In the evening, I made it to a much needed session of hot yoga where I roasted in the 40 deg cel room with other fanatics and we twisted and bent every imaginable part of our body. By the time I got out of shower, I was so ready to cuddle my boys. Gosh! I had missed them so much just from being out and about without them. 

My Sunday was a rather typical activity-packed day. I took the 4yo to art class and while waiting, I did my homeschooling planning over a latte. I am so pleased that I managed to plan 3 weeks of activities in that 1.5hr! 

After lunch, we dashed for his 30 min piano class during which I marvelled and marvelled over him. That was followed by some quick grocery shopping. The rest of the evening was family time till the kiddos were tucked in bed. Then it was BBQ stingray for supper before we snuggled up to watch the breathtaking series of 24 to conclude my hectic, but almost perfect weekend. Bliss........ 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi , I like your blog very much n thanks for Sharing! I read that u plan for 3 wks of homeschooling activities for your 4 yrs old. May i know if it's convenient to share a sample of it?

I m a sahm to a 4&2 yrs old n would very much like to do some interesting activitis wif them.

One of e difficulty I encounter is coz of their age difference, I can't concentrate on one child without e other coming to join us constantly n that means we can't ve one to one time. They nap n wake up at e same time.

I would very much like to join your lapbooking parents workshop too!
Luv,
Ling

DG said...

Hi Ling, you probably have read some of my older posts because my boys are already 7 and 5 years old! We have been doing lots of homeschooling activities since they were small, not just 3 weeks. So I am not sure what you are referring to. But you are welcome to go through my older posts. I am sure you will plenty of ideas and inspirations on what you can do with your kids.

I used to work with both kids concurrently when they were 4 and 2, so I understand the challenge that you are facing. But it can be done, though it requires lots of planning on your part so that you have activities that can keep both sufficiently occupied.

I may hold another lapbooking workshop for parents in Jan/Feb 2012 and details will be posted on this blog as well as the From Tiny Acorns website. Do keep a lookout for it.

All the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...