Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lunar New Year 2009























We brought the boys to Chinatown last week to feast their eyes on the busy streets that were buzzing with activities.

They were curious at first and questioned us on everything they saw. But after a short while, they found more fun just dashing around on the busy streets. It was so hard keeping track of them, especially the one who is under a metre tall.

Other than that, the boys did some simple crafts related to the Lunar New Year theme.

They made some cards with different materials just for the fun of it. And Poshie made a red packet lantern with my help.



We talked briefly about "Spring" and the chinese character 'chun'. 

It was so funny to watch little Chip shouting excitedly 'Papa look! That is 'chun'!' when E came back from work that day, as if to educate his papa.

We did our usual visitings on the first two days. Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves silly with all the good food offered by the hospitable hosts and brought back more!  

The best part to me is the opportunity to catch up with relatives whom we seldom meet, except on festive occasions. Of course, it is always precious to watch the kids have fun with their older cousins and relatives. 


I couldn't resist posting this one of Chipsy tasting his first love letter cautiously. After the first bite, he needed no more persuasion. In fact, he required some serious restraint and distraction from eating to his heart's content! 

Thankfully they aren't keen on all the other sweeter treats like pineapple tarts, that are in abundance at every house we visit. Not that I would mind them tasting these festive goodies anyway, as long as they aren't replacing appetites for proper meals. But since they voluntarily detoured from these sweets, I am happy not to pursue. 

4 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

What a beautiful family. I enjoyed reading about your visit and crafts, and the boy's experiencing new things.

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

lishan17 said...

Hello! This is Lishan. =)
Happy Chinese New Year! It great meet up with your family!Marcus and Nicholas are really adorable little kids. They look so much smaller in real life compared to in pictures. haha

DG said...

Hi Shari, thank you. I am happy that you find our blog posts interesting. :)

Hi Lishan! Happy New Year to you again! I am so flattered that you guys are following my blog posts so closely. ^.^ I am happy and really surprised that you find what I write interesting, but it also makes me happy to know who my fans are. :> It is so wonderful to meet up! And you are blossoming into such a beautiful young lady! :D Do drop me a comment whenever you like.

KoLe said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...