Saturday, November 22, 2008

Colourful Chameleons


This is one of my favourite books in my boys' collection. I picked it up for $10 over 2 years ago for M. To me, Leo Lionni is like Eric Carle, but just less well-known and hence cheaper. But I love his style as evidently presented in this book. I do intend to buy his other books but often forget when I pop into bookshops.

Today we read the book together again and had a little discussion about chameleons, before I handed them a sketch that I did of a chameleon's body. I deliberately omitted the legs so they could add them in.

M was asked to colour the chameleon and add the legs, which he did beautifully with crayons.



N did his enthusiastically too with Crayola Twistables and all the time mumbling 'Chameleon lizard!', but I didn't take any photos of his as by the time he finished, it just looked like a giant blob with lots of colours and the chameleon outline is no longer visible. :D

Next I asked M to draw and colour his own chameleon and again he did with crayons... It made me laugh when I saw it. He even added hair for the chameleon and a leaf!



After the artwork was done, he read the book to me which he did really well. I shall upload the clip of him reading once I figure out how.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...