Monday, September 8, 2008

Teriyaki chicken escalope

Ingredients:
5 strips of chicken fillet
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or omit if desired)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons plain flour
150g breadcrumbs (or use more if desired)

To prepare:
1. Marinate the chicken fillet with teriyaki and oyster sauce and leave in fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
2. Coat chicken strips with plain flour, then dip into beaten egg before coating it thickly with breadcrumbs. 
3. Bake in pre-heated oven 190 deg cel for 12 - 15 min. 

I use chicken fillet as I don't mind it a little dry since I always eat it with something moist. Also, I feed them to the kids and prefer not to fry so much or cook with the skin, so I choose to bake. The kids love it though and couldn't wait for it to cool down before stuffing their faces with big chunks of chicken. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...