Friday, May 9, 2008

Yesth!

Baby Nicholas has been saying "yesth!" (for "yes") for about a month now and everytime he says it, I smile. It is truly one of the most innocent and sweetest sounds from him in my opinion. He answers our questions with a "yesth" and "nooo" and usually is accurate of what he means, though occasionally he gets confused if we ask him again. I think it is so adorable to watch a small toddler (and I am not used to referring to Nicholas as a tot and would still prefer to call him my baby) utter their needs in their sweet little voice. If there are no bad consequences to granting him his wishes, I must admit I really spoil this baby rotten. Umm.. or should I say, I spoiled Marcus rotten too.. hmm... I can't remember really if I was more or less lenient with Marcus when he was this young.

Next to the "yesth", I must remember his constant calling of "Ma ma" which he does whenever he sees me and I really mean, whenever! The moment I emerge from another room and he sights me, he would dash from wherever he is towards me with an accompanying "Ma ma! Ma ma!" before collapsing into my arms with another "Ma ma" while looking up lovingly at me with his innocent wide eyes. Aww.. how not to melt with such loving gestures from a little one!

After months of exhibiting such behaviour solely for me, he finally displayed the same affection for E and would scream "Pa Pa! Pa Pa!" the moment E returns from work. Quite a sight to see him dash towards E and collapses into a heap on papa. Makes papa smile the biggest smile of course, which in turn makes me smile. Babies really can bring heaps of joy to our mundane lives, with their simplest acts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...