Monday, May 12, 2008

Moules Frites

Not quite a Mother's Day celebration since there was no cake, no card and no present. But there was a nice brunch of my choice at a great restaurant - Brussels Sprout at Robertson Quay with all my 3 boys. I had yummy moules frites and E had a delicious duck confit. What is great is the kids get to eat for free so we ordered fish and sausages for the boys and everything was served with fat fries, just the kind I love. With my moules, the frites was free flow, so naturally I was in heaven and overate on spuds!

Even Nicholas stuffed his face with the fries and being more relaxed these days about what my toddlers eat, I indulged him though the fries are seasoned with salt and deep fried (I know about trans fat blah blah.. ). Oh well, I have accepted the reasoning that everything in moderation is fine except that I still won't be handling them chocolates and candies freely of course.

Marcus ate so well too, having finished his whole portion of fries and yummy fish. Needless to say, E and I feasted. :)

I must say that Robertson Quay is a wonderful place to hang out with and without kids. I love the ambience of the place and the wide pavements for kids to roam freely. It is never overcrowded and yet with enough trendy people to watch. There are still so many other restaurants we ought to return to or try, so we are definitely heading back real soon. Already i am drooling thinking of the moules frites.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...