Friday, May 9, 2008

Friends

Whenever I ask Marcus who are his friends in school, he would tell me "Tarun", a Sikh boy in his class whom he seems to be most fond of. As witnessed by E one morning, Marcus ran into class after kissing papa goodbye and immediately wrestled with Tarun cheekily before wrapping his arms around Tarun's neck and repeatedly patting on his turban. It must be their way of playing since both boys laughed throughout.

These days, he would tell me and E that we are/are not his friends for the day. It always makes me smile when he tells me "mama, you are my friend today." And on days, when he says that E is his friend and I am not, I pretend to look hurt and to console me, he usually would immediately add "but Chipsy is your friend today". If I still look sad, the sweet boy may add further "but I love you too.. okie, you are my friend today".


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...