Friday, April 25, 2008

Tiramisu & lasagne


Finally made my first tiramisu about 10 days ago, after years of hesitation. 

Though it is my favourite dessert, I have a silly thought that once I can make a delicious tiramisu on my own, I will be making it too often. If I can't make it, I can only eat it when I am at an Italian restaurant. Silly reasoning I must admit. Oh well, it is true I guess as since I made it over a week ago, and finishing almost the whole cake on my own, except for a slice which I gave to helper, I have been dreaming of making it at least 3 times this week. Each time I had to remind myself of the calories I will be piling on if I make it as my neighbours are often too polite (or waist conscious) to accept any cake and since it contains rum, they won't give to their kids either. E doesn't eat it, and I won't give to Marcus. So I would have to eat it all by myself. Ohhhh... that would be so tough on me! Haha!

I also made a super yummy beef lasagne few days ago. Instead of following traditional recipe, I adapted by adding ricotta cheese to the sauce. It was so divinely creamy and delicious that E ate 1/3 of my lasagne for dinner, as he mumbled "woo.. very nice" in between mouthfuls. Nice appreciation for my effort. I had always made spinach ricotta lasagne instead of the beef version and the past few attempts with the beef fared only average in my opinion. Not this time. It was perfect! I am sure the hubby will be requesting it for dinner very soon. 

1 comment:

KoLe said...

I am so craving for Italian food now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...