Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chipsy is 18 months old



He is really growing up too fast! I look at him everyday and can't stop remarking just how adorable he is, in every way. Babies may be cute in some ways the moment they arrive into the world, but they just get cuter as they grow and I think they are the cutest between 12 and 30 months.

Before that, they are more like a helpless heap and cry too much but after 12 months, their individuality and personality begin to emerge and antics developing and we get a super cute tot. After they turn 2.5, they start to appear a bit 'grown up' and just not as cute as before anymore.

Well, Chipsy is at this cute stage and I wish we can stop time somehow though concurrently, I can't wait to have him grown up so that we can enjoy him in different ways. He is such wonderful fun to play with right now.

Today I took him out on my own for a full 8 hours and I had so much fun! We took the MRT and he charmed the passengers with his big round innocent eyes and bashful looks while sitting in the stroller. It was so pleasant to ride all the way to Vivo City with the charismatic and well-behaved baby who would occasionally reach out from his stroller to hold my hand.

He spent a few hours there walking around the open compound at Vivo, in Toys R Us and other parts of the mall and sometimes just exploring. I bought him another Comfort Taxi toy similar to what Marcus has which made him happy. Now there would be no more need to fight over the one and only toy taxi we have at home.

I looked at the little boy today and decided before we left home that he would have his own Taxi to play with. It is only fair.

I do try to keep an eye out for interesting things that Marcus never had and buy them for Nicholas but these things are hard to come. As a first time mum, I did my research well and anything worth having for our precious, we bought. Even enrichment classes and experiences are the same. Marcus went to all sorts of paid trial classes before but we were mostly unhappy and dissatisfied about them. So I decided not to take Nicholas for those unsatisfactory trials which seems like a sensible and smart thing to do. But I can't help feeling bad about the differences at times.

I got to agree with E though that he is #2 and the fact is, there will always be an older sibling who has done it before. So we can't compare them and their experiences. #2 has a constant playmate which #1 didn't have, so that in itself is a very valuable daily experience that Marcus missed out, and which was made up for differently for Nicholas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...