Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to drawing


For the last 2 weeks, Marcus' little folder from school was packed with sheets of writing that he had done in school. Not just the ABCs, but also the numerals and chinese characters (for the number 1 to 5) and some drawings which Marcus did. I sat with him and excitedly asked him to tell me more about what he did in school and it was so much fun to hear him describe and tell me what he wrote and drew.

Teacher S briefed me few days ago of how Marcus is now doing so well in the writing and drawing and he has come a long way, as far as holding the pencil is concerned. He has finally mastered the correct way of holding a pencil for drawing and writing and is now doing it with ease and confidence. He has on several occasions excitedly pointed out to me at home that 'I can hold the pencil the right way myself now!' And I am sure he could appreciate my reactions as I beam in pride of my 3 yr old.

He is now back to daily drawing and is starting to draw more subject matter other than vehicles. He loves to draw for mama and papa and without fail would label each drawing for the respective honoured recipient and announced proudly to us accordingly. There are some remarkable ones recently too, like a barn with wheels for Papa, a train on a sunny day for mama and I think I got another colourful drawing that has a pretty multi-coloured bus next to a house, some flowers, bird, trees and a sun! I am seriously looking forward to signing him up for his first art competition when he turns 4. Next, is tons of encouragement and inspiration for him to draw some animals! I can't draw animals to save my life, so I am counting on the grand dad when he comes in 3 weeks to bring out my son's artistic talent to the next level.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...