Friday, September 21, 2007

Surprise!

It is no surprise to people who are close to me that I love surprises. But I must be quick to add that only pleasant surprises are welcome.

We received a bulky package yesterday addressed to me, Marcus and Nicholas. All the way from London. At first look, I thought it was from the grannies and maybe some toys and PJs. But it was NOT!

What a lovely surprise it was! A fellow friend who recently went to London had sent us a wonderful package. Accompanying the fantastic toys from ELC, was a beautiful birthday card she made with her toddler, who used to play with Marcus. There was also a really pretty card for me with the sweetest message on it. Aww... I was so moved. It touched me that she took the trouble to select the toys with the boys in mind, made us a card and sent it with a postage bill of over $30! The fact that she did it, though she really need not just made clear what a beautiful and thoughtful person she is. I am thankful for a friend like her, considering how little time we used to spend together when she was here. She did make my day yesterday and this morning when I woke up, I thought about her sweet gesture and it brought a smile to my face. A great way to start my tiring Friday. Thank you, thank you once again. I would have made her and her son some muffins and deliver them in person if they are a car ride away. One day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was our pleasure, we enjoyed preparing the pressies. I'm really glad you liked it :) Chat with you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...