Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Aspiration

I often catch myself worrying for a split second whenever I hear Marcus announce in his playing that he is a taxi-driver, or bus driver or some kind of blue collar profession. Once, he said "mama, I am driving the garbage truck now. I am going to dump garbage." I laughed but it was slightly worrying really, though it does seem silly to be worrying in the first place. This is only part of his fantasy role playing and whatever that he is acting out to be at age 3, should not and would not be an indication of his preferred profession at adulthood. Anyway, I can't help it and had to remind myself that I am being silly.


He is very interested in his taxis and buses right now, so of course he wants to be the guy driving them. Though I did ask him once if he wants to drive a nice big car, a taxi or a bus and he said without hesitation, he wants to drive a bus! Hah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boy seems to have the similar ambition too. Once we saw a sports car along the road and he told me it's a "cool car". So I told him that he has to study hard and when he grows up he can own one too. But he says "No, I want to buy garbage truck." Well, I just hope that he will become the CEO of Sembwaste, one who owns a fleet of garbage trucks and not someone who drives a garbage truck...

DG said...

Haha! I guess garbage trucks are more fascinating to their young minds than ordinary, boring cars. Well, at least yours said he wanted to "buy" the trucks, not "drive" them.... so already it is a bigger dream. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...