Monday, December 19, 2016

Everything in Life is Just a Phase

I was searching for something that I wrote long ago and chanced upon this old blog post which I wrote nearly 6 years ago that made me smile a BIG smile.

I can still remember the daily frustration I felt thrice a day back then, doing my best to hurry the tortoise but to no avail.

That tortoise has finally grown up.

Nowadays, he finishes an adult portion in under 10 minutes.

Gone are the days when I had to keep nagging at  him to scoop a bigger spoonful, open his mouth wider, or bite more than a centimetre of food each time. How exasperating it was to have to keep asking, "Can you please chew? Can you chew faster?" after sitting at the dining table for over an hour, and yet had to worry that he might choke so I had to watch him chewing every morsel.

Indeed, the days are long but the years are short.

After 12 years of parenting experience (and of course I still have a lot more to learn and I am still learning everyday), one thing is for sure - everything in life is just a phase.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...