Friday, July 8, 2011

Chinese Flavours of the Month

Current favourites.


It is so satisfying to have found books that fascinate the kids so much. 

I can see why the boys love the illustrations of this first book. Both were glued to the book when I read it for the first time last week. 

The moment M woke the next morning, he went straight to the living room with the book and examined it for a good 20 min. When Chip got up shortly after, he also picked up the book voluntarily and browsed quietly for a while.  Fantastic sign!!!  :>

Story-wise, I prefer this second book, which offers a great twist. After countless reads, we are still enjoying it. Though the kids are very familiar with the story by now, they still laugh every time we get to the same page. Hah!




These books are definitely miles better than boring readers and passages from the 四五快读.




2 comments:

Precious Memories said...

Thanks for this post. I am still undecided if I should get these books, though I have noticed they are very popular with parents on the spree. Perhaps I will get them in the next spree.

DG said...

I suppose the first book will be appealing to Nigel but Sarah may also enjoy the initial surprises and the illustrations. The story for the second book is lengthier and probably more interesting for Sarah. M can read it now but I just don't like the fact that it comes with HYPY. May try to cover them up, but it is extra work for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...