Thursday, June 23, 2011

Entering the 3rd Trimester

This is week 28. Baby is 1.2 kg now. Almost doubled her weight in the last 4 weeks. It is always comforting to know that baby is growing well. I can't believe I will be seeing her in another 12 weeks or so. Wow.

My total weight gain so far is 6.7kg and I'm rather pleased. I've not been as careful as I like with my diet recently but luckily the weight is not piling at a scary rate. There are no cravings on most days though there was a short period of few days last week when I kept thinking of durians. :P 

Lots of people still tell me that I don't look pregnant from the back. My tummy sticks straight out in a rather compact manner, similar to the previous pregnancies. An old woman I met at Chip's school predicted very confidently that I must be carrying a boy because of the shape of my tummy. Haha.... I took great pleasure to assure her that it was the case for all my pregnancies, so it probably has a lot to do with the way my body is shaped instead of my baby's gender. Unless of course, the scans so far have been wrong.

Still thankful for the bountiful of energy. I sleep pretty well, though I have been a little resistant to retiring early. Part of me kept thinking that I must cherish the remaining weeks of having the luxury to stay up late to do whatever I fancy. I know this is silly since I should also be cherishing the opportunities to sleep. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...