Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby #3: XX

We are officially halfway through the pregnancy. 

According to the fetal anatomy scan done a few days ago at pregnancy week 20, my little baby is doing really well in all areas. All measurements are within the desirable range. We're very pleased. 

The active little bub weighs approximately 296g, which is a good weight for this time of the pregnancy. After two kids, I am still amazed at the rate of growth the little one will be undergoing in the remaining half of the pregnancy to reach at least 3 kg. I'm pretty sure this one will be over 3kg too, judging from my boys' birthweight of 3.31kg and 3.69kg.

Surprisingly, I lost weight between my last (15th week) and this (20th week) scan. This is the first for all my pregnancies! My total weight gain so far is just 2.4kg, which is another unexpected number. I certainly didn't feel like I've lost any weight. Judging from the rate my bump is growing, I was almost certain that I've put on too much too fast. But I guess the scale doesn't lie.

Oh well, as long as I keep the overall goal in mind, I am not going to fret over the little gain or loss for now. Especially when I have been busy celebrating over the news we've received - Baby O is a princess!!!  :D 

I shall whisper to Father Christmas every year from now on..... 



14 comments:

Sunflower said...

Congrats!!!

You know the max weight gain for each pregnancy should only be 10kg according to my OB. You are doing well!

Dominique said...

congrads on a baby girl.. time to go and do some really shopping soon...

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! A little girl is a joy, and I am sure your boys will love having a princess as their little sister :) I am very happy for you indeed!

DG said...

Thanks everyone!

Sunflower, according to all sources that I have come across, including OBs and books, the average weight gain is between 12 and 15kg. Though someone who is overweight to begin with should put on less than 10kg and those underweight may even put on as much as 18kg.

Dominique, haha... it is so tempting. Hubby has already given green light to go melt the credit cards...LOL

Linette, one of the boys is more excited than the other, but I am sure they will both be doting brothers. :> I am over the moon anyway!

Bernard said...

Very happy for you! Congrats! Go shop already. :p

Bernard said...

I'm kei btw.

Anonymous said...

Joy! I didn't even have to scroll down the post, your title, 'XX' was more than enough!

Oh dear. Melt the credit cards indeed!!!

Sharon

xiaoci_mama said...

Congrats! I have 2 gals, endless stuff to buy. The pretty dresses, shoes, sandals, clips and all. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, your wish is granted!Very soon you can enjoy your mother-daughter bonding. :)

Wendy said...

Congrats! Really happy for you!

Handydog said...

Congrats!!! Finally wish granted. Have fun shopping.

stargazer said...

congrats!! :)

Chingling(Heidi's mum)

DG said...

Thanks everyone! :>

Precious Memories said...

Congratulations!! You got your wish. I am sure you will have lots of fun dolling up your little princess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...