Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Love is Besides Me

Whenever I am with my girlfriends, they will tell me what a keeper my hubby is. And I know it is true. :> 

There was this particular week last month when I couldn't stop thinking of durian. I don't want to blame the pregnancy for the cravings because even without it, I crave this rich yellow flesh a few times a year anyway. 

But since I can't just get on the treadmill now to work off the extra calories, I must think twice, even thrice before indulging in the sinful fruit. In the end, I managed to abstain from it the whole week though I did drool severely when I chanced upon details of this mouthwatering durian degustation. 

That Sunday, after the few hours of teaching, I was hurried home by a few phone messages from E, which was kind of unusual. The moment I got back, he packed the whole family into a cab and we headed to the nearest place to buy me some of the stinky fruit that 'smells like rotten animals mixed with garbage'. That is how the hubby described it. Haha...  

On the ride back, I felt so loved to be accompanied by one giant box of durian just for me. Even more so because hubby had initiated the trip to buy it, despite how much he can't stand having the house and fridge smelling of durian.


Image from Google


My boys learnt a long time ago that this is mummy's favourite fruit. They are very curious with the spiky appearance but don't want to have anything to do with what's in it. They questioned me on its taste and texture but would run away from me whenever any durian made it to our dining table, because of what they considered a horrible stench. The desertion is probably good since I can enjoy in peace and I don't have to share. :> 

Maybe I will introduce this glorious fruit to Baby O when he/she turns one and hope that the baby will grow to love it. It is no guarantee of course since I did that to M too. He devoured the first two seeds greedily when he was around 18 months. But never again. 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...