Thursday, February 10, 2011

Falling In Love: A Daily Affair

A few weeks ago, a close friend interviewed me for a book which she is writing.

It was all very casual and we chatted on a wide range of topics revolving around modern women. Soon, I found myself telling her about the fulfillment that motherhood brings and that after over 6 years of being a mum, I still think that it is the best thing I have done for myself. 

When you are a parent, you get very special love from your children which your husband, lover, boyfriend and friends cannot quite provide. It is simply a different kind of love. 

I fall in love with my boys all over again, at least twice a day. 

Ok, I admit that they also drive me up the wall, usually several times a day. On a super good day, there will be at least a mini-episode that requires me to deliver some stern looks and quick reprimands. 

But the point is, children do not have to go out of their way to do anything special to be loved. 

Just watching them being themselves and having fun is enough for me to be bursting with maternal love for them. 



And in these photos, they were engrossed in their little game of producing as many bubbles as possible and swiping at as many bubbles as possible. 

Giggles of amusement. Shouts of exhilaration. Pure Simple Fun. 

The whole time, I was sitting by the bench next to them, watching them. With a broad grin on my face and contentment in my heart, I thought of how different life would be without them. 

I would never want to live without them. Ever. 

They complete me. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...