Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eye-Opener Trash

One of our DVD players was spoilt recently. 

Before it was dumped in the trash, E recognised the wonderful opportunity the junk has presented! 

So the 3 boys sat down to eagerly take the set apart and examine the fascinating parts within. 

I overheard E showering the kids with lots of jargons and the boys bombarding him with questions. 






Boys were intrigued to no end!  :>  

I couldn't help but think of my own experience. If only my brothers were raised this way too. 

My dad had no interest in fixing things around the house. When something was broken, he just hired help. When it couldn't be fixed, it was binned faster than the kids could lay any fingers on them. We were never invited nor permitted to take things apart to examine them. 

My mum used to complain about my younger brother who was very interested in dismantling things and putting them back again. Like all typical kids who were forbidden to pursue their interests, he would secretly do so to her small radio and his toy cars and whatever else that he could find. It drove her mad. To her, it was destructive and an useless hobby. Of course, she didn't know better back then, that my little brother was honing his skills. 

I suppose I would go nuts too if my boys were to engage in some frequent dismantling of all our working electronics at home. Haha. But with more education and a different parenting style and belief (I'm not saying I'm a better parent than my parents), I would probably channel their energy to it differently and provide some proper outlets for them to experiment. 

E, on the other hand, had a very different kind of upbringing from my brothers - the kind that all boys deserve.

My boys are truly lucky, to have a daddy like him. 


2 comments:

Alice Law said...

I couldn't agree more with you! Your boys have a wonderful daddy who is a natural educator, excellent role model and most important I see he has really alleviated your burden in bringing up the boys! Kudos to him and really envy you!^-^

Have a nice day!

DG said...

You are too sweet, Alice. I must show him your comment to make him blush. :>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...