Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Midweek Luxury

There is something undeniably luxurious about having a leisurely midweek lunch, even if lunch consists of only a simple sandwich or salad.

Spending two hours at lunch once a week when my boys are in school, is a weekly highlight that I try hard to manage. It is a nice break from my routine of late, which demands that my "lunch hour" be reduced to nothing more than a 10 min affair with hassle-free food.

I suppose even that is an improvement from those days when I had to chew my lunch while changing my boys' diapers. Haha!

So you can imagine how enjoyable it was when my lunch date brought me out for one of my all-time favorite cuisines at the multiple awards-winning Brasserie Wolf at Robertson Quay.


I had a mouthwatering pan seared duck foie gras with caramelized apples for starter. Too good and such great value, considering it was part of the 2-courses set lunch menu.


Hmm... just looking at the photo is enough to make me want to head straight back for it. I have to exercise a lot of restraint not to visit the restaurant more often. :P


E didn't fancy anything from the set menu, so he went for a humongous salad for appetizer and lamb shank for main.

We were so surprised when his salad appetizer arrived on a super large plate with the biggest variety of ingredients we have ever seen! It is not always a good thing though to have too much on one plate. He didn't like it because of the assortment of nuts and seeds sprinkled on it but I love it. It is one of those salads that could easily replace a main course.

After the foie gras, I savoured my roasted chicken roulade that was stuffed with crab meat and served with a delightful portion of risotto. It was good, but I would give other dishes a try next time.



This scary looking piece of meat and bone was the lamb shank from the lunch menu. I can understand if it scares off the vegetarians. :D




It was romantic, to say the least, to be able to dine at our own pace, especially at lunch time. And with a glass of red nonetheless. Yum!

I enjoyed every minute of such indulgence. Though it was a fortnight ago, I can still remember the tastes of the delicious food. Time to return soon for another round of luxury!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...