Friday, June 25, 2010

My Marathon

A few weeks ago, E was right by me as I flipped the Starhub cable magazine. I mumbled something about a TVB soap which I would love to watch if I had more time. 

E looked over my shoulder and not said a word. 

Besides the news, I only have time to watch the occasional programme with the boys. So we only subscribe to the news and educational channels. I remember commenting that it is not worth it to subscribe to the TVB channel just for this soap and chances are, I would miss it often too, given my schedule. 

No grouse. Just some casual think-out-loud on my part while the hubby played along, all cool and calm. 

The next day, I came home from teaching my classes and saw a box of DVDs of the soap - Beyond The Realm of Conscience that I had mentioned the night before, on the table! 

Wow! No note. Just a brand new box.



I couldn't stop smiling initially, thinking of the odds of him getting it right at first try. 

Since he has never watched any of this kind of soaps in his life and speaks under 100 Chinese words, I can imagine his confusion when he entered a video store looking for it. He wouldn't even have known the name of it! 

But seriously, for him to have the thought in the first place was real sweet. 

My next thought - Shucks! There are 33 episodes! How can I possibly have the time to watch them all?!

A few nights later, I decided to watch one episode with him upon his urging. The man gave up after just 30 min. Too much bitching, he complained. 

I sent him to bed and stayed up to watch another 2 episodes that night. With just my pillow and a giant packet of potato chips. Life was good! :)

In the end, I was so hooked. 

E was shocked when I confessed that I had watched 8 episodes one particular night. I swear my butt was square from sitting so long. 

It was not called a marathon for nothing. I finished all 33 episodes in 4 nights! 

On hindsight, that was real crazy indulgence. But hey, life can afford some craziness sometimes, especially when I am doing it from the comfort of my couch. I like!


3 comments:

Shenny's mommy said...

True. Sometimes I do the same, why not! :)

Ling said...

Ooooo I can so identify! I've been wanting the Ally Mcbeal series for a long time and the Hub managed to find one for 5 seasons! No guilt go for it, you deserve it wondermum :) And thank God for the wonderful Hubbys.

DG said...

Shenny's mommy, haha. thanks for the moral support. Now that I have done it, I will do it again. :>

Ling, totally agree! Thank God for the good men. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...