Wednesday, June 9, 2010

If Only I CAN Draw

Sometimes I look at my boys' drawings with much envy. 

Since young, I have never been able to draw. Neither can my siblings. I dreaded all my art lessons in schools, especially anything involving drawing. On hindsight, I wish I paid more attention during my art classes. If only I had embraced the challenges with as much enthusiasm as I did with other subjects.

I often wonder if my siblings and I were given more opportunities when we were preschoolers, how different would we turn out, especially in this area. Perhaps one of us had a hidden talent artistically or musically but remained hidden. Maybe.... oh well... 

Marcus churned these out recently, amongst his hundreds of drawings in a week. I couldn't stop smiling whenever I look at them.

All models of submarines. Clearly, it is a still a HOT topic as I mentioned recently.

A welcoming gift for grannies. He called these 'brain-wrecking' mazes for them to figure out upon arrivals. Haha! But if you look closely, they are TOO EASY. The boy has no experience creating mazes prior to these. But since that day, he has acquired some quick tips from grandpa and now is making fast progress.

His 3-min version of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. We LOVE it. But he HATED it. He cried when it was finished, damning it as RUBBISH! :> 

Instead of words, he drew this to depict a weather forecast for Singapore.

Here is a pyramid with hieroglyphics and some machinery at work digging underground to build the Pharaoh's tomb.  


A robot inspired by the Wall.E film.


4 comments:

Shenny's mommy said...

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur. Came across your blog from Little Sprouts.
I am really impressed with your son's creative talents. My daughter likes your son's drawings too.
Hope you don't mind I add yours in my blogroll.

DG said...

Welcome Shenny's mommy! Thanks for your kind remarks. I don't mind at all, in fact it will be my pleasure to be added to your blogroll. :>

Eileen W said...

Brilliant drawings! I love drawings that has lots of innocence in it :)

DG said...

Eileen, me too! Unfortunately, there will come a time when they will lose the innocence in their drawings. :(
Which is why, I guess, these drawings now are even more precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...