Saturday, May 15, 2010

Comic Strips: Submarines

Submarines is a current favorite topic. Armed with a fantastic pocket guide of Submarines of the World which serves as his research resource, my 5.5 years old must have produced over a hundred drawings of different designs of submarines in the past few months.

On a typical day, he will spend between 3 and 4 hours on either drawing or reading on his own. 



Above: Reading a book on Ships and Watercraft which I borrowed from the library. 

Then one day, I found these few photos in my camera and absolutely love them! 

It is a series of comic strip that Marcus has created. His very first attempt! They were so simple, yet so cool!  I couldn't stop admiring the details. 





This is the unedited version. In terms of writing, there is certainly room for improvement, especially in the areas like punctuation and grammer. But I am not concerned at all. He will pick it up real fast once I point it out to him, so I have not done much in this department just yet. 

The focus for now is on inspiring creativity, so I am real thrilled to see the development. :> 

Shortly after this, he made another few comic strips. I shall blog about them next week. 

2 comments:

Eileen W said...

oh, I love the drawings :) So original!

DG said...

Thanks Eileen. He does usually have a strong idea of what and how to draw. I guess it helps to have some resources to inspire him to start with. :>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...