Friday, June 4, 2010

Acts of Love

I was once told 'I will do anything to make you laugh'. 

The words made me smile. That thought warms my heart. The memory is nothing but precious.

Like most people, I have my fair share of falling-in-love and breaking-my-heart. And I don't regret any part of it. Life is a learning journey and every experience is enriching and adds uniqueness to my journey. I have been very blessed and I want to always count my blessings.

Here's another random thought I had just the other day.... 

I don't need glorious declarations of love or expensive presents or flowers. The acts of love that mean the world to me cost nothing! Truth be told, above everything else, I value hand-holding the most. Simple as it may seem, it isn't easy to accomplish. 

Hmm... the undeniable level of intimacy and connections when fingers are laced and palms caressed. 

A couple that holds hands is a couple in love. 

Period. 


2 comments:

Handydog said...

Especially when I see old couple holding each other's hand, that melts me.

DG said...

Totally agree! To be married for so many years and still want to hold each other's hands can only mean one thing - they are still so in love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...