Thursday, September 3, 2009

To My Son

Dear Marcus

Happy birthday, my baby boy. 

I hope you had a nice day today - with your double celebrations - first in school, then another one with just daddy, Chipsy and mummy. 

You were upset last night when you realized that you will turn 5 in a few hours' time. You said you are not going to eat breakfast when you wake up. You announced that you are not going to celebrate your birthday, so you can't be 5. You want to always remain a 4 year old. 

As I baked the little cakes for your school party, I kept thinking of the years I have spent with you. I was choked with emotions when I think of how time flies. You are now such an independent little boy. You no longer need mummy that much anymore and soon, very soon, perhaps too soon, you will be ready to take care of yourself entirely. At the same time, I am really proud of you.

I love it that you have a beautiful soul and a really kind heart. You are such a sensitive sweetheart, always with the kindest words and most gentle touch. Every year, at this time, when I reflect on the changes I see in you, I am always amazed by how much you have grown. It just reminds me once again, that I have to cherish everyday with you. 
 
Happy birthday, my sweetie. 

Love from all my heart, 
Mummy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...