Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Teach Me More

Recently, M has been telling me everyday how much he enjoys learning. He wants to be clever. Very clever. And that is why he is delighted to go to school to learn everything there is to learn. Those were his exact words. He kept asking me to teach him more. Of this and that. 

Actually, I find it amusing that my 5yo is talking like this. Perhaps, a little too precocious. I had to ask him if he has learnt to say that from his teachers. He denied, insisting that he knows it is good to have knowledge and 'feed his brain' - an analogy I used a long time ago when trying to explain to him why we need to learn constantly - the importance of feeding our brain with knowledge, the same way we nourish our bodies with nutritious food. 

Or perhaps he has been inspired by a little someone. ...



though this little guy isn't really that clever, once out of his Cleverland. But of course it didn't matter... 

We have many of this series and the boys love them for bedtime reading. Some nights, I read as many as 5 of such little (but wordy) books at one sitting with both boys by my side. They are mostly fun to read and funny too. 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Happy 5th Birthday Marcus!
Grow up strong and healthy and clever!

Auntie Jen

DG said...

Thank you Auntie Jen! So sweet of you to remember. :>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...