Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homeschooling Or Not

Do I homeschool Chipsy? That is, entirely homeschooling, without him attending a pre-school. 

A while ago, when we were considering changing M's kindy, we thought it would be a good idea to enrol Chipsy to a Playgroup (or what is known as N1 in some pre-schools) later this year. We thought we could just let him try out a structured programme for a term. I like it that the school has a strong Chinese curriculum, so the exposure is good for him. Plus it will give me a good 2 hrs break from the kids to focus on my work at the Tots University. That way, when the boys are back from school, I can just focus on them. 

As for next year, we already know that Chipsy won't benefit that much from the N2 curriculum, except for the Chinese language appreciation. But for that fee, it may still be worthwhile sending him. It is like getting some babysitting for that duration at a place that I can trust and he gets to play and interact with other kids without me having to organise daily playdates. 

But I am also wondering if I should just homeschool him next year and enrol him only in K1. If I do that, I will most likely take a break from the classes at the Tots University. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...