Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Own Getaway 2009: Paris!



The best part of our 3 weeks holiday is our romantic 4-nights getaway to Paris, sans kids. 

To begin with, E splurged on accommodation as he booked us into a hotel on the lovely Ile Saint Louis. We had decided that it should be our relaxing eating holiday, so all we did was mostly strolling and eating. Suited us perfectly! 

One of the most memorable part of this trip is our return to Montmarte and the very spot where E knelt on one knee to propose with his speech and the ring. That was fun! 

Another highlight was our little picnic by the Eiffel Tower to watch the sunset. 

It was simply what I needed to balance out my life. I love it! 

Here are some of the little niceties to remember.


On a whim one night after a huge 3-courses dinner, we made our way to the Cafe Des 2 Moulins as featured in the Amelie movie. The plan was to get a drink. In the end, we ordered this gigantic cheese platter and ate 3/4 of it! The food was beautiful! But not the cafe. I was disappointed to find it renovated. 


The biggest salad I have ever seen! For one person. 11 euros. At a sidewalk cafe at Montmarte. 

We were walking around looking for some nice places to lunch in. I saw a woman working on her salad which looked pretty good and I thought 'hmm.. I can handle that. It would be smarter to eat a salad now and save the (tummy) space for another 3-course dinner.' 

My jaw dropped when my lunch arrived. The plate was the size of a large pizza. Piled up with a mountain of leaves, roast potatoes and a giant slice of incredibly delicious feuille quiche. 

And this was E's lunch accompanying my salad. 

45 min later, both plates were cleaned up. Ahem! 


I love this! Makes me feel like a princess in a fairytale. 

4 comments:

3lilangels said...

So romantic!!!

Alan/Val said...

Love, love Paris, too! But we keep going there as a party of three which means that a visit to Ile Saint-Louis would be for the Berthillon ice-cream more than anything else.

Glad you enjoyed the time alone with E, how very romantic!

Handydog said...

Sweet...relive the romance again. Must show more pics.

DG said...

hmm.. we tried the Berthillon ice-cream too. Thrice, but didn't think it was really that much better than the good brands around. And they tasted just like sorbet. Or did we try the wrong flavours? There are some really crazy flavours though that we thought we must be nuts to try them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...