Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Homeschooling Theme: Our Solar System Lapbook


Chipsy may be only 2.5yo but I always firmly believe in his potential (this is in line with my  recent blog post on 'a baby is a born genius'). So when he showed strong interest in the solar system, which without a shadow of doubt is highly influenced by his older sibling's passion in the very topic, I explored it with him. 

His ability to understand and appreciate some of the more abstract concepts simply cannot be underestimated. The daddy played a huge role in this coaching as he is really the expert in the family when it comes to astronomy. 

Besides reading together with me, his daddy or M, our 2.5yo 'astronomer' is really happy to make a simple lapbook to accompany the learning. He read the names of the planets, Sun and Moon and looked for the right pictures. 

This is not the final version of the lapbook yet. There is another part which we will work on when I wrap up this term's classes at the Tots University.



Couldn't wait to pose with his MilkyWay lapbook when he saw my camera. :> 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...