Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why the 'Ouch'?



A few months ago, this ad was placed by a bus stop nearby. It caught my 4.5yo's attention. 'Why does it say 'Ouch' on that advertisement'? 

I asked him to read the copy on the advertisement and he did, but he couldn't quite understand it. I explained to him the whole concept of advertising and he listened with such great interest. 

I love it that he is now at an age when we can share and discuss so much more together. I love our two-way conversations that are peppered with his fascinating questions. It makes our little trips out so interesting, even if it is a just stroll to the grocery shops.

It reminded me of the times when he was just an infant. I would talk non-stop to him about everything we saw on our days out. And he would just be lying in the pram with his sparkling eyes darting about, taking in all the sights and sounds, keeping me company while I held our one-way conversations. That felt like a long time ago. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...