Monday, May 4, 2009

Craft: Making A Bumble Bee

I have been wanting to make a craft on bees for a long time and was always looking for materials that I could use. Then finally the inspiration came to me one day when I was watching the news about table tennis matches.

So guess what materials I used for our bees craft?  *smile*

Yes - a ping pong ball! 

We made this a while ago. I think it was in early March. But I just haven't had time to post it on the blog.

The boys each painted their own paper roll and ping pong ball a day earlier and left them to dry. 

Once they were dried, I attached the paper roll for bee's body to the ping pong ball for its head.

Then I just let the kids glue on the parts - legs made with pipe cleaners, wings that I pre-cut from parchment paper and those plastic eyes.



My cheeky 4yo wanted a 'funny look' on his bee and my 2yo insisted that his bee was looking up the ceiling. 

I still laugh whenever I look at this photo. *.*




I can't be happier with this craft. My boys had so much fun making their bees and laughing at each other's funny looking creations. 

2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Hi there,
I stumbled upon your blog from the SMH forum last month, and had been reading it anonymously. I think what you had done with your boys is fantastic, teaching them craftwork, schooling them at home. An inspiration to mothers indeed!

Cheers :)

DG said...

Hi! Thanks for your encouraging words and for taking time to drop me a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...