Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Craft: Making Paperplate Zebra

Once the kids are awake past their nap time, I usually try to keep them occupied with crafts. It is a great way to engage them during the hottest hours of the day. And it keeps them busy enough for that little while longer till dinner time.

I could leave them to play on their own, which I do sometimes. But skipping naps often means they become cranky and impatient a lot faster when their fatigue caught up with them. So it means more fussing. More fighting. More crying.

My solution? Gather them around the table and whip out my bag of tricks!

So this was one of the many crafts my boys made that one blazing hot afternoon when I wouldn't consider venturing outdoors and risking skin cancer. 

Well, they were kept happy enough. :)  They made a Zebra each.

They were handed a paper plate each with a pre-drawn zebra. Then off to paint the stripes and I helped the 2yo cut his out while the 4yo managed his own.



Playing with the zebra that his older brother made. He was pretending that the zebra was dancing with the bird. 



Two little birds sitting on the wall
One named Peter, one named Paul
Fly away Peter, fly away Paul
Come back Peter, come back Paul. 

He made these birds at a playgroup and I have them stuck to the wall. For over a week, he will sing the rhyme whenever he walked past.  :) 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...